View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: A few semi - trickey hands from party\'s 30 game tonight....

I read your hand posts, and I tried to think of something useful I could add to your play/analysis of each hand, but I cant. It seems to me that you played all 3 hands very well.
Anyways, I'll give it my best.

Hand 1: Good fold given your reads, and I too would fold with no reads.

Hand 2: An argument could be made for checking the turn and calling a river bet so you can show down your ace high against this laggish player, but like you did, I wouldve bet this turn and hoped he would fold his 6 outer the times I was still ahead. Plus in case he did have AJ or AK, a turn bet may lead him to make a bad fold(i know this is optimistic). Once youre checkraised I would also fold.

Hand 3: Its hard to fold a hand with some value on the river in the party games given the high bluffing frequency that is rampant in those games. You do have 2 pair with a queen kicker, and your opponent could very well be betting any sort of hand using the logic "im gonna call anyways, might as well bet the scare card" Given the way the villain played the hand, its impossible to put a hand on him. A call or fold on this river is read dependent, with no reads in the party game I would be inclined to call, but I think it is close enough between calling and folding this river that you could flip a coin and use that to decide what to do.