View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 07:11 PM

Default (OT) Help me pick a topic for Daliman

So now that Dalibaby shares a birthday with an ex-girlfriend of mine and was born fairly close to the time of day when I was born, I get to pick a topic for a one-hour lesson with Dad. There are a number of intriguing options, but for those of who know Dali better (or don't... I've yet to meet him), what would you suggest I take as my lesson?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, topics I feel comfortable instructing in;

- SNG play.
- Basic poker concepts.
- Basic NL play.
- Blackjack play.
- Blackjack camouflage
- Comp counting
- Basic sportsbetting theory
- Wong teasers
- Gambling books
- Selling tires
- Dating women taller than yourself
- Karaoke songs that get the crowd going

Topics I do NOT feel comfortable instructing;
- Tilt control
- How to pick up girls
- +EV prop bets with OB-GYN's
- Suffering idiots online

[/ QUOTE ]

Current frontrunners are SNG play, poker concepts, and basic sportsbetting. SNG's could be highly profitable, but it's hard to teach a one-hour advanced customized lesson on that. Poker concepts also suffers from overlapping what I already know (I need to be time efficient). Sportsbetting is only interesting to me because I know nothing about it so a basic lesson would push me relatively far up the learning curve. I've tried the whole blackjack counting thing, and if I wanted to get that big a headache while maintaining a miniscule edge, I'd 8-table the 215's and live in a cardboard box. Any other insight is also appreciated. Much thanks to Daliman for this generous offer. Congradulations and best of luck to you.