Thread: Week 2 Lines
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Week 2 Lines

Week 2 picks....

Az. -1 over the Rams. The Rams are terrible, and I will stick to this all season. Martz just will not get away from the duck and chuck philosophy, even though he has Faulk and his own #1 pick in the backfield. The Rams are 27-0 when Faulk rushes for 100+ yds. What is this, his 7th year with the team? Why dont they ever run? I doubt they start this week. I'm sure all players will be fired up for the old Warner-Bulger battle, and I'm sure that Martz will want to prove how great Bulger is, so he will put it up 50 times this week. I think the Cardinals have a way better defense than the Rams - just have to hope that J.J. Arrington can get it going. Marcel Shipp might end up running by the end of the game, however. Cardianls defense mauled StL pretty bad a couple of times last year. Plus, domes teams outdoors tend to suck. Pick: Cardinals 27-20.

Bears +1.5 over Lions. I think that Harrington is not any good, Mike Williams was non-existent last game, and Charles Rodgers is overdue for an injury. That leaves Roy Williams and Marcus Pollard to stop in the passing game. As for running, I do not think Kevin Jones is best suited for the smash mouth, up-the-gut type running vs. Chicago. The Bears will be desperate in this one, and I think they will pound Benson and Thomas Jones all day, and then Orton-to-Mushin will come through on a big play, for one of Muhammad's 5 TD's this year. Also, the Lions are a dome team playing outside. Bears 13-9.

Atl+1 over Seattle. Yes, this one is outdoors, but Vick looked awesome against the Eagles, except when he was blitzed. I just can't see Seattle's defense being able to stop the Falcons. For crying out loud, Mora was basically running the option with Vick all day vs. the Eagles. Atlanta had a TD taken off the board for holding, and then turned it over (1 of 3 by Vick). I think Atlanta can put up 27 vs. this team, and their defense is tough. D'Angelo Hall loked great vs.T.O., so he will shut down Darrell Jackson. A little risk here of a let-down game for Atlanta. Atl 27-17.

TB-2.5 over Buffalo. These two teams will just kick each other all day. McGahee's probably a better player than Cadillac right now, but Pittman helps give TB the edge pounding the ball all day. Also, Griese will do a better job managing the game than Losman, and the Bucs are very adept at handling Vick so they should be able to corral Losman. Bucs 17-10.