View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Preflop: raise aces gets reraised, what now?

I guess I would look at this as more of a 2/4 plus move, 1/2 there is too many idiots that will call.

Simple question King, what hands would you ever 3bet UTG preflop versus any normal opponnent?

What hands would you 3bet UTG versus this opponnent?

Doesn't the small reraise look like something that is trying to determine if he is up against AA or KK, people are pretty wary of UTG raises?

I would put him on QQ/JJ/AK... maybe KK but I would expect a larger reraise.

Unless you are consistenlty re-raising UTG with a wider range or the opponnent in question has been frequently reraising you, just call.

You said this guy is decent, don't you think he knows what hand you will 3bet UTG with?

Good villans will not push over the top with KK preflop facing a 3bet from UTG. Showing that you can be deceptive with smooth calling reraises with Big hands actually narrow down villans from re-raising you in position versus.

I'll say it agian, you only have 100 BB's stop being so damned scared about being outflopped, it's not likely. A 3bet will get you a small pot and fold from everything but an idiot. With a Deeper stack or a crazy lag, then 3bet.