View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Saving areas from oil exploration - realistic?

I never said that it shouldn't happen, i was just responding to the misconception that there might be enough oil to last for "years".
As another poster said the actual drilling will represent only a very small percentage of the actual impact. Getting the equipment in and the oil out is the tricky part, and a major spill would wreck huge portions.
I am against drilling in anwr, mostly because its simmply a red herring for powerfull people to act like they are addressing the energy problem (and a small group of people will make buttloads of money). We shouldnt let them get away with this in general principle- its like the gay marrige debate- Why the [censored] should any body care when comparing it to the number of people who have health insurance problems, the state of education in this country the war in iraq, government overpending, socila security... ect ect. But the best solution for most of these problems is to get teh government out of them, and no one wants to run on that ticket, so they pull up crap like this, and to a lesser extent abortion (by lesser i mean that it is actualy a legitimate problem to have a beef with). Any one who seriouly thinks that gay marrige is the number one issue in the country should be smacked, hard.