View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: OT: Heads up starting hands

applejuicekid,

When I say the read affects the math 'more' what I really mean is that in a full table STT using SNA and such you can come up with many situations where there are non-exploitable ways to play situations - no matter what your opponent does. In HU this isn't really the case. Obviously, pushing AA every time you get it preflop is unexploitable but knowing that isn't really helpful.

For instance, Hu at the end of full STTs when you and your opponent have ~10xBB you can find an unexploitable strategy for *any* opponent....you may make much more money playing an exploitable strategy that ends up exploiting your opponent.....in a deeper stack HU match you can't even 'solve' without knowing something about your opponent.

I dunno....my point is that in STTs many 'pushbots' can go on sorta autopilot and never watch what their opponents are doing...in HU you can't really do this - which is why it's very difficult to multitable and maintain a robust ROI (and most high buyin players I know of can't even play more than 1 or 2 profitably ....whereas any other form of poker they can play bajillions of tables).

Bah...that barely makes sense.....meh.

Yugoslav