View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 12:32 PM

Default I Just Called to Say How Much I Care

Time for some more hand reading fun. This hand happened in the second level level of this sundays 700k on Stars.

UTG with 2130 opens for 90. He has done some weird things, including betting 700 into a 200 pot at one point. UTG+1 calls the 90 with 2535 behinf. He's pretty decent, but probably slightly too loose. He also likes to call flop raises and cr all-in on the turn (even if his hand isnt quite strong enough to merit it). I call with a couple of cards UTG+2 and 2015. I've been fairly active at the table so far, but haven't seen showdown too often. Fairly nondescript button comes along with 2565. He has overplayed a couple of hands, but not really in a bad manner. BB also tags along with 1990. I have no idea about him. Oh, you won't need all that info, but I'm just putting you in my head preflop (although I'm not letting you see my cards).

Anyway, flop comes Q53 all diamonds. UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, and I bet 240 into the 450 pot. Only UTG, the initial raiser calls. I find this check call odd. Turn is the 7s. UTG checks, I bet 730. UTG calls. River pairs the 30. UTG checks yet again. I push for 1045. Ranges for me and ranges for UTG to call with and fold with.