View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Too aggressive with overpair?

Think the 3-bet was correct. There is a good chance that u have the best hand. SB can bet any pair or try to bluff this ragged board, maybe with a gut-shot. BB probably donīt have a big hand like a set or a straight. A slow-play would have been much more natural for him then. My guess is a six with a decent kicker or a pair and a straight draw, or a pocket pair.

The turn card is not so scary so you must bet here when both opps check. And youīre hand is still very vulnerable to overcards.

I would have bet the river. The flush is not so likely since the draw appeared first on turn. The trey is a possible holding for someone. But u miss too much not value-betting in situations like this. Since the pot is pretty big, they will call u with almost anything. And if they held something thrilling they would probably let u know on the turn.

I have the same problem, beeing too passive on the river. Thinking something like: "Itīs almost over. Letīs just look at the cards". But often when I see the cards I think, "why didnīt I bet?". U have to force yourself betting marginal hands like this against loose/passive opponents.

I recommend "Small stakes Hold'em" (Miller, Sklansky, Malmuth): "Betting the river for value"