View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: QQ in the BB early on

ok, I'll bite.

Not really knowing anything about the situation other than that you said he's weak/tight, that makes me nervous.

Could be he put you on high cards and decided to make a stand here. But the whole "squirm like he doesn't like it" sounds like bad acting to me. Weak means strong perhaps? Dunno, but if he is as tight as you say, I really wonder if he'd push with nothing.

Here's what I think happened. He played suited connectors.. 5-6, 6-7 something like that. Because of your aggressive style, he knew that you could be opening with anything and he'd have position. So he calls.

Flop hits him hard. You bet as expected, he calls. Why not raise? he knows that you'll fire again so why scare you? turn comes, you to bet, he figures that's enough risk on being outdrawn and raises all in.

Here's my logic. if he is weak, then I would expect a push early with a decent pair. 99, 1010,JJ are all good enough for a weak player to push IMO. Really doubt he'd bluff with missed AK or something (which also might have been worth a re-raise pre-flop)

that's my guess and yes I know I'm giving this guy some credit he may not deserve. You actually see this guy's hand?