View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

I didn't think the guy actually cried, after watching it twice. The first time, I thought there were tears, and I cracked up appropriately, but the second time, it looked like he was just crushed, and on the verge of tears but held them in. Which I give him a bit of credit for.

Also, when he says a couple times "I played perfect poker for 3 days" I took that to mean that he played what he *knew* was the best poker that he himself could play, not *perfect* in the cosmic unknown sense. In that sense, he was just expressing disgust/disappointment that he was able stay in line, make the moves he could find, and avoid the tempting pitfalls he knows he's susceptible to (like drawing to flushes at the wrong time) for 3 days and then perhaps virtually end his tournament with one moment of weakness/bad judgment. It's understandable to me why this would cause him to be so distraught. Although, if he continued to use this word over and over again after the fact in interviews, and if he is a jacker in general as others have chimed in, then yeah I agree it is a weak thing to say.

Still, my first impulse based on that 15 sec of TV is to cut him some slack; I also don't think he was hamming it up for cameras.