View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: LimitO8 tourney hand

[ QUOTE ]
Losing with this starting hand would not be good, but it seems better than risking losing the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually disagree with this. He has under 10BB's left, and his stack is already below average. With the blinds coming after him, he's going to have to gamble some time, and an A2 double suited is just about the best hand he can gamble with here.

On the flop he has TPTK, nut low draw, nut flush draw and 3rd nut backdoor club draw. Sounds pretty good to me. I haven't done the math, but I'd say he has tons of equity, and the only hand he's really worried about is a set filling up on the turn or river. He has an excellent chance to double up, and that should be his main concern right now.

[ QUOTE ]
You basically start the hand with nine small bets, and if you just call the first three bets, you'll still have over half the chips you started the hand with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, with that little stack he could maybe slip into the money, but I'm assuming he's playing to win the whole thing, instead of just cashing. By pushing his hand he maximises his chance of winning, not just cashing in for a small payday.

The turn is bad, and there's a chance the opponent made his full house, but by this time he is definitely committed.