View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Before You Quit Your Day Job

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the deal with all these going pro articles acting as if poker is going to enslave you. If you play 10+ hours a day, have no social life, and are an overweight smoking alcoholic, that is because of choices YOU made not poker. Join a gym, do some volunteer work, spend more time with friends/family. To me the most appealing thing about going pro is the fact that it would give me more free time to do the things that I want to do. Working 9-5 sucks no matter how you cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people like going to work. It gives them status, stucture and makes them feel useful. Working 9-5 doesn't suck for them and good luck to them but they should understand that many of us hate going to work and endure it for the money.

Your right of course, I was an overweight, smoking alcoholic long before I discovered poker.

<digression>I smile a lot more now. Its been three months since I sat through a powerpoint presentation on how wonderful our company is, given to a salesman who will retaliate with his own presentation selling us some rubbish we almost certainly dont want. Three months since the quality morons need my input on designing a form, that I'll have to fill in or sign, whose only purpose in life is to sit in a file until more quality morons check its been filled in and signed... I'll have to stop or I'm going to break out in song. <end digression>.

chez