View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Re: $200 in PP, now what?

i figured i'd keep this thread going for other new people to read and more experienced to advise. while the converter link is still not working so i can't show any of my hands, here is how my 2nd night at Paradise .25/.5 went:

still really tight play. averaging 3 players a hand who would fold to any aggression. i know some have commented on my need for patience, but i realized what my problem is: at this level, i don't want to be patient because when i get a hand, everyone folds and i'll win MAX .95. if it was higher, i could be patient because the blinds are worth it (by higher i even mean $1/2 stakes).

anyway, i know i probably played too many hands out of bordem/frustration plus i was seeing crap all night. rarely would i even see a face card, much less a hand worth playing.

i know i'll probably get crucified for this being new, but i multitabled for the first time to help ease my frustration of playing the hands i should and winning only the blinds. i was comfortable in my table reads and actually played better with 2 tables than 1. i have a 20" screen and still only fit 2 in even if i wanted to play more (which i won't until i learn more).

overall, until the converter gets going, analyzing my mistakes is a bit difficult and unpostable. i ended plus 2BB/100hands (for the mathly challenged that is a whole $1) for my troubles, but that's the way things go. you'll have to believe me the hands i was getting were rediculously unplayable and i probably played too many as is. so that was night 2 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]