View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Cold Call 3 and Chase; Bet Sklansky Didn\'t Teach This!

[ QUOTE ]
not to be too harsh but I don't like the play on any street. I fold pre-flop. I can understand calling though as if you do hit a set you do have lots of fish to pay you off. The flop is bad for you - I would fold here even if I was sure I was ahead. You really need to hit a 5 at this point and not the 5 of hearts which means you are drawing to one out - fold. The turn 4 of diamond gives you a couple of outs you can feel good about (the two black 2a and the two black 7s). You might win with a 2 or 7 of diamond (we'll generously call that one out but I wouldn't count either 5 as an out at this point. So you have 5 outs. The river is the 5 making a one card straight possible. Your three 5s are beat - there is no way I would raise here - you might get someone with a 2 to fold but I don't think it is enough.

In summary:

preflop - fold
flop - fold
turn - fold
river - fold

[/ QUOTE ]

What? you are contradicting yourself.

The flop he's getting 24-1. He has 1 solid out with the non flush 5. He has at least 1 out for back door straight draws.

[ QUOTE ]
You really need to hit a 5 at this point and not the 5 of hearts which means you are drawing to one out - fold. The turn 4 of diamond gives you a couple of outs you can feel good about

[/ QUOTE ]

You say he has 1 out, but wait, he picks up like 4-8 more on the turn.

On the turn he's getting 15-1 with an up and down straight draw, why would you ever fold here. Seriously.

All in all, folding preflop isn't bad, or good, either way is probably about the same. But if you are going to call preflop, you can't fold this flop for 1 bet, nor can you fold the turn for 1 bet, nor can you fold the river getting like 18-1 with a set.

nice hand, hope you won it.

[ QUOTE ]
river - fold

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I realize there are four to a straight, but you hit an 'out'. Yes, you are going to lose this alot, but are you good 3-4% of the time, absolutely. He could have AA, and just didn't bet or raise because he was a pussy. This would be a horrible river fold.