Thread: AKs.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: AKs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting that all the reasons you give for NOT raising the flop would seem to dictate NOT betting the turn, which you did for some reason. Especially considering that a hand like KJ is a 10:1 dog now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not sure how you aren't getting this yet. To be brief, I bet the turn because our opponent checked and signaled weakness. With a hand such as KJo or something, yes, he's a pretty big dog. But giving a free card is giving him a free shot at cracking my hand, a definite no no. On the flop it was different, he lead into a big field and a PFR, his hand strength was unknown to me, but I still had TPTK. Folding there is too weak, raising is too aggro.

Like I said, I think it's better to call the flop and evaluate the turn. I did that and he check-minraised me. I think he has AQ or 99. If he had AQ, my call on the flop was alright given the circumstances, he was an 11:1 dog, no huge harm in not raising there. If he had 99, excellent, I didn't raise a hand that had me crushed. I have position, I decided to slow down on the flop and utilize it on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

A free shot at cracking your hand? Are you afraid he'll river a set of deuces?