View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Default 88 flop decision

The raiser is about 36/32/6 over 22 hands. BB in this hand is a psycho who really likes check/raising gutshots 69/37/1.7 over 150 hands. I haven't noticed much about the PFRers.

I think this is kind of a common situation. You've got a mid PP that's probably good enough to stay around, but maybe not raise and open yourself up to a 3 bet from 2 aggro players. The draw obviously makes this easier, but even without it, everyone still call this down? The way I see it, this guy is raising a ton of hands that don't have a K, but he's probably aggressive enough to 3-bet me with an A.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> This is a debateable. A 3 bet has it's merits, and I've been mixing that in, but BB is just as likely to cap it behind me as he is call/fold. </font>

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I guess a river C/R has some merit, but there's no gaurantee it's going to get bet and a K is going to call.

Sorry for making a bunch of hand posts today.

Thanks for the input.