View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: I can\'t stand conversations that involve politics

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha well, the frat guys use lots of cheesy sh.it like explaining how amazing the catcher in the rye and the great gatsby is written (although to be honest, i'm just basing this off of a specific frat guy i know).

when i go to charley's i go with my buddies, and we don't talk politics. i like it a lot there; great food, pretty good music, fun atmosphere.

however, at a house party i had, and a few i've been to lately, there's been these shmucks debating about really dumb political stuff--ie- not even interesting issues. more like, "you like bush dude! what is wrong with you! he's destroying our country!"

i'm not sure what skeepers is, should i check it out? i like going to the brown jug, as well.

edit--i've only been to pike once, and they had a real cool ratio going. good times...

[/ QUOTE ]

skeepers = Scorekeepers -- off of E. Liberty, across the street from Borders. I'm guessing you know what it is/have been there. We used to call it skeepers.

As I remember, dumb schmucks abounded at every party. When they talked politics or were having otherwise faux academic/intellectual conversations, I just cringed and walked away. They should have saved that crap for their GSI.

Pike ALWAYS had a good ratio. I had a few buddies who were in there and let me in -- but they were pretty vigilant about keeping the ratios at the right level. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don't think I ever stepped foot in a frat house after my freshman year -- but yeah Pike was good times.