View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Huge difference in competition - cash vs MTT\'s

[ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading when I saw NL $400 and tight in the same sentence without the word "not" anywhere in it.

Party MTT's are almost entirely Preflop (or at most Flop) events. Cash games are almost entirely Postflop play. Tournament strategy is also much simpler than Cash game strategy.

Comparing $100 MTTs to $25 NL is a joke. NL $400, even $600 is swarming with fish. Those who venture higher seem to think the fish live there as well, although I don't play that high.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you are the type who gets stacked for 100-200BB with AK with top pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you know? I moved to party about 10 days ago to 4 table the 200's. VPIP of all 4 tables is roughly 20%. Every player had 100bb's - 200bb's.

I raise in any position to 5(yes thats 2.5x the blinds) with AA, and I take the pot down. These tables are tight.

TO be fair, this is usually at like 3am, and I do get action sometimes from the occasional fish. These 'tight' players do have a lot of holes in their post flop game. However I honestly don't think you know what your talking about.