View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Let me know if my thoughts are correct on this session

[ QUOTE ]
QQ Hand - He was a calling station that played over 60% of all his hands and usually took them down to the showdown.

My strategy against this is to keep the pot small if I dont feel I have a super hand (see the showdown for as cheap as possible), and to pump the hell out of it if I have two pair or better.

If this is the correct strategy, perhaps I misvalued my hand in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should consider capping preflop. Then you have to bet this hand. It was nice that you still won the pot, but you gave up profit with the best hand and gave villain infinite odds to draw out on you. Atrocious.

[ QUOTE ]
The JT hand was also played against one of these guys (who played very loose and wild). So I have to believe that just because he bet it didnt mean anything to me necessarily so I was still going to raise for value. Then when I was re-raised, I called because again he's an idiot and I think I was getting a good deal on my money if he didnt hit the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience idiots don't pull many moves on the river when you have been so aggressive earlier in the hand. I just don't think you can raise the river if you can't fold to a 3-bet. As you are seeing the 2bb takes a lot of work to make up.

[ QUOTE ]
So do you think I should 3 bet A7s after a limper? Im not sure if that's a matter of me misvaluing those hands, or perhaps I have a bad habit of limping too often behind the other limpers? I usually never open limp into a pot, but I notice I limp behind other limpers all the time especially in 2/4 and below.

This is sort of what I meant by areas where I am habitually playing in a matter that is not profitable. I understand that I am going to make poor decisions here and there, but it's even more important to me to find the more general things where Im probally making the same sort of mistakes because it's part of my general strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comments here lead me to believe you are not yet grasping the game/some would say playing weak. Say you hold A7s in the CO. One early limper and it is on you??? What should you do?

Limp - If button folds you might be four handed without much of a read on the blinds. Yuck. Plus the button may raise and it comes back to you three of four handed for two bets. Yuck.

Raise - You may get it heads up or at least three handed. You may get the button or SB to fold hands like A9,AT,AJ,KQ,KJ. Wouldn't that be nice. Then when a K hits the flop you have fold equity versus the EP limper.

Just give it some thought. Think about these situations and what it means to be the aggressor in the right situations.

Keep at it and have fun. Respond to some hands.