View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Biggest lay down you ever made??

ive folded KK in multi-way post flop action on a very raggitty board after raising a fair whack preflop. turns out i was wrong in retrospect, but i stand by it.

ive folded AK preflop loads of times just to remind myself i can. eg, a week or so back i guy raises to 150 on round 1 in pokerroom.com. three callers, i fold in mid-late position. because i knew i didnt need to be in in the first place. actually i woulda won that too, but by freakish coincidence the guy who raised lives the other side of the student village here in salford, so i guess i figured he knows how to read a book...

he had KQ, i cant wait to play him in real life [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

one that sticks in my mind as it was part of one of my biggest comebacks was folding 99 in a bubble as lowest (but not significantly lowest) stack because i knew the 2nd lowest stack would go in if folded to. he did, he lost.

cant say ive ever folded aces before, few times when i knew i should on the flop but couldnt, but thats life/poker for ya.

part from the above no huge laydowns. however for the record i dont call overpair laydowns on the flop big laydowns when its as low a pair as tens or 9s (or lower clearly).

Phill