View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Bluffing the other draw when mine doesn\'t hit

I haven't posted a hand in a while so here's one that might be standard and boring. All my hands are pretty standard and boring so whatever.

Live 2/5 at Foxwoods ($300-$500 buyin). Everybody and their brother stood up half an hour ago to go eat dinner so we're playing 4-handed. In general, other players have recognized the need to loosen up preflop due to the short game but they're folding too much postflop. Effective stacks $600.

Villain makes it $20 UTG, button calls, SB calls, I call in the BB with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($80)

SB checks, I check, UTG bets $40, button folds, SB folds, I call.

UTG has been pretty aggressive since we got short but I think he's been catching cards (tough to say as not much has gone to showdown). This 1/2 pot bet is automatic if he has any piece of the board at all but he'd probably check something like 88 or 77 with 4 people in. He hasn't shown down any aggressively played draws but that doesn't mean he hasn't been semibluffing.

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($160)

I check, he bets $100, I call.

I'm almost positive he has at least a king here. I think he'd take the free card on a diamond draw and would bet more on either the flop or turn (or both) if he flopped the nuts.

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($360)

I bet $250.