View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: PLO8 noob -- how\'s my line?

Thanks for all the replies. I don't play cash games a whole lot (my bread and butter game is NLHE sngs), which explains why I sometimes think every problem can be solved with a bet or a raise.

I thought the river was close, so I just decided to bet, hoping that he would fold something like 63. He seemed like the type who was capable of folding a weak two pair, but incapable of betting the river as a bluff. And if he were to bluff, can I really make the call with TPTK, even getting such good odds? Mostly, I was terrified of him checking behind and scooping with something like 63. Oh, and betting is more fun than checking. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As soon as I bet, I felt a twinge of regret. I was fully expecting him to call, flip up something that had me beat, and scoop the pot. Just as I was cursing myself for making the bet, he folded. The guy to my left had some garbage that TPTK also had beat. I scoop.

The CO said "nh" afterwards, which doesn't necessarily mean anything. The table broke soon after, and I went back to my world of SNGs.