View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: John Cole\'s Idea Of An Over-50 Forum Has Merit

[ QUOTE ]

What is it with you and your continued insistence to control/moderate a political formum?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not interested in controlling or moderating an over-50 forum.

Actually, I was asked by Mat to moderate this forum. I have been trying to do the best I can, to try and help make it a more civil place for discussion, and with hopefully a higher signal-to-noise ratio.

Apparently, you and a handful of others take great exception to what I have been trying to do, for whatever various reasons.

C'est la vie, I guess.

I do think an "Over-50" forum would have a lot less posturing, backbiting, misquoting, one-upmanship, partisanship, name-calling and sundry other undesirable behaviors. I think there would probably be a lot to talk about--without having to wade through numerous juvenile pissing contests. In short, there would be a lot more wheat and a lot less chaff.

However it's not my idea; it's John's. So I just thought it deserved mention again.

As for the Three who would decide who gets an honorary membership--I was partially joking at least. Did it seem like I was totally serious? Well, you asked; I answered;-) Anyway, the over-50 forum might well be open to all--as Andy Fox has observed, it is doubtful if many of the topics would even appeal to the immature. It is even more doubtful that those interested in elevating piss-matches to an elite sport would be attracted to the forum.