View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:39 PM

Default $.50/1 NL, QhTh hand, big river decision

Extremely loose homegame table. As always, people are buying in completely short. No Max buy in, but the chip leader at the table has about $55 for a .50/1 game. I have $45 (I should have rebought before hand) and opponent has $50.

I get Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and limp on the button after 3 limpers before me. You will get paid off if you hit at this table. SB completes, BB checks.

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB bets $4, BB raises to $9 and everyone folds, along with the SB folding out of turn. I consider pushing but decide to just call because I think I can save more when I miss and make almost as much if I hit. BB is a very loose, uncaring player. His level of attention is very low (always on cell phone, etc.). He doesn't care about the money but trys to play his "best" (remember, he is bad ).

Turn comes the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks and I really think he will pay me off if I hit and I don't think he will fold to a turn bet. I check.

River is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He leads for $4 into about a $25 dollar pot. I decide to raise for some value and make it $7 more. He will definately not fold an 8 or an A here.

He immediately pushes all in.

Is this a call?