View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Why is it that so many people on 2+2 drive me insane? OT

You post good. I know what you're talking about because there was a time, not so long ago, when I used to get into quarrels with people on a daily basis around these boards, many of those people were idiots (not all, of course! not only idiots argued with me... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] also smart people. I apologize in advance) and I really spent a lot of energy in some occasions, with pretty minor results. What's the point? It takes an idiot to argue with an idiot.

Sure it can be very frustrating to defend your position against people who don't really understand some basic stuff (although I don't care too much about being insulted except for in certain cases, when the insulting posters are extremely clueless). It can probably be a good practice in ego-management or something, but really it doesn't matter much. Let some people think whatever they want. "You can't win them all", etc. Weak-tight? whatever. At least they don't call you a troll, like some people called me a few times when I was exceptionally aggressive with my criticism.

In any case, as much as I enjoy arguing and saying things like "well that's absurd", and I do like it, I now try not to pay such attention when people post and write stupid stuff. It helps I think, because 2+2 is full with stupid stuff. Anyway I read and post here much less than I used to, so that's a difference too I guess.