View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: The Vice President of Torture

[ QUOTE ]
Getting back on topic...

This is what Turner said:
[ QUOTE ]
"I am embarrassed that the USA has a vice president for torture. I think it is just reprehensible. He (Mr Cheney) advocates torture, what else is it? I just don't understand how a man in that position can take such a stance."

[/ QUOTE ]
Would I be right to say that the ACLU advocates hate and racism because they lobbied against criminalizing such things (KKK/Nazis, etc)? Why should I give two shits about what this guy has to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be concerned about what other people say. In fact, you should hold true to your convictions. You know what you believe. You know what is true. It is well known that one of the worst possible ways to form a better, more complete understanding of the world is to listen to what other people have to say.

Case in point: Iraq. If the President hadn't listened to what other people had to say, we probably would be celebrating Iraqi liberation day now. The streets would be lined with roses praising the USA. But he listened to all those liberals like Stansfield Turner and now we are in this horrid quagmire.

Yes, you should never listen to what someone with a different viewpoint has to say.

Because if you did, you might actually learn something.