View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 04:22 PM

Default QJs Live Hand Huge Pot

OK, a friend who I'm playing the game with asked me to post this here. So here it is.

Button is a ridiculously loose calling station. He'll call preflop with most cards (he especially loves suited connectors and I have seen him show them down plenty of times already). Postflop he'll usually bet if he has a good piece, top pair or better, otherwise he calls you down.

SB is probably the biggest LAG in the game (which is certainly saying something). Loves to bluff a lot, but will give up most hands facing pressure (especially pressure from me because I have a reputation as a good player in the game.

Blinds are .25/.50 and I've got the biggest stack around $70, both button and sb have around $45-$50.

Pick up Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP. Folded to me, I open for $2 (4bb) - a standard raise in our game. This is a standard raisning hand from MP for me, especially since Ive got position ont he only other player I'm scared of and he has already folded. Button and SB call. Pot is $6.25.

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I've got two overs and the flush draw. Sb checks, I bet $4 (2/3 pot) on the continuation bet/semi-bluff. Button raises to $10. SB cold calls. I think about 3 betting, but decide not to jeopardize my stack until I get a look at the turn, and I call. Pot is $36.

The turn is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] making the board Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. So I have top pair and the flush draw. SB donks for $14. $50 in the pot. What's your play?

As far as the Sb's hand range, I'd say he could have pretty much anything. The nuts are a possibility, though I think hed check it considering the flop. A set, two pair, overpair to the flop, or a compelte bluff was the most liekly hand range. As far as Mr. Calling Station on the button is concerned, he could have had top pair, an overpair, two pair, a set, or two pair on the flop. Probably not much mroe than that. Remember he lvoes connectors.

What do you think?