View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Re: 2 seven of clubs wtF?

I reviewed this hand (nerdy eh). The broadcast cuts away from the river as it rolls off. I just can't believe they had the nerve to throw two 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] up on their graphic. Maybe they hoped nobody would notice? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I watched the entire sequence very closely and the hand does indeed play out the way its depicted. Barry is the BB and Howard folds a J7o. Then Doyle raises with J-10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and it's folded around to barry who raises all-in with KJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. No problems there.

I managed to make out what the river card actually was, using freeze frame. It was the 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. This seems to have no bearing on the continuity of the hand the way it was shown.

I can only conclude that this is just a really bad mistake on FSN's part. I sincerely doubt they would have been dumb enough to show a duplicate card on the graphic, if they had been attempting to "fake" a hand (ala ESPN).

Undoubtedly, this was a very poor job by FSN on this hand.