View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: ($27) - a boring A9s for inspection

[ QUOTE ]
I know what you're saying, but if you have a strong read, I look at it like this:

I'm going to trust my read. If correct, I'm over a 3:2 favorite AND I have FE. Just because my hand is not what would 'normally' be a re-raising hand, against this guy, why should I pass up a 3:2 edge. Isn't that the whole point of making reads?

Moreoever, it is nice to play back at donks like this, to let him know that your blind will not be mini-raised.

I'm not arguing with you (you make great, well thought out posts), just giving you my perspective...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hearya [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I push over in this situation with worse from time to time, but usually saving that for the "he's on a pure weak steal here" kind of read. That wasn't the case here at all. It wasn't a matter of knowing he had crap, so let's see the flop. It was more that he just isn't experienced enough to accurately understand his own hand strength, nor proceed properly PF or post. I didn't think he was stealing. I just knew I had a decent shot at getting some of his chips post-flop...at a minimal cost, with relatively low risk.