View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Sites Have Motivation to Reward Poor Players. Period.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">My company is building a new poker site and as the designer, I'm intimately familiar with the entire site, from business decisions to code. Just letting you know who I am.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
So you are a liar?
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="black">
First, Stars claiming that "it makes no difference to them who wins" is laughable. It DEFINITELY makes a difference to them who wins.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
So you work for PStars? So you have read their business mission?
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">
That's pretty much a given. What Stars suggests is that when it comes to the game code, there is no logic imbedded to make certain one player wins over another...
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
If above is true, noone would ever win...
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">
but I assume you understand that's what they're saying.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's assume you are an idiot. I think that is safe.
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="black">
The Sites maximize their earnings when they have players that are as evenly matched as possible playing as many hands as possible.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Sites maximize their earnings by acquiring and maintaining customers. Marketing 101.
[ QUOTE ]

If the sites had their perfect utopia we would all start with, say, $500, and play heads up for hours and hours until the rake would have eaten all of our money, save for a couple cents won by whoever won the last hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
So all players going broke is what a site would want. Very funny.
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">
Okay, let's talk a bit about math.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
You wouldn't understand even basic math. Trust me.
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">
Let's assume we're Full Tilt for a moment and at a full table instead of a heads up one.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's assume you are a retarded idiot.
[ QUOTE ]

Give Fred a little bit extra on the odds, make sure Fred gets AA a little more often, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
A fish_detection_agent which changes the odds_agent and the random_card_agent... Of course...
[ QUOTE ]

A rational Site would create the most even playing field possible, so that they reach the utopia I set out above.

[/ QUOTE ]
Utopia is not rational. A rational site would like it's customers to come back. The way to do this is not by rigging the site in the favour of bad players WHO ALREADY THINK THE SITE IS RIGGED ANYWAYS. You should talk more to the bad players: almost all think the site is rigged, and not exactly into their favour. Bad players compain about the sites being rigged, good players do not. Yes... A conspiracy of the good players?
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">
Let me give you a scenario and you tell me how our developers can level the playing field...</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh boy here comes the pain.
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">
10 players see the flop [5s, 7d, 9c]
10 players see the turn [2h]
10 players see the river [Jd]
7 fold and 3 go all in and two of them were short stacked
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah man, this sounds like a play money table alright. Lot's of rake.
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">
I assume your "minimal and random" algorithm would choose to ignore this.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's assume you never programmed in your life.
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">
My guess is that your algorithm would be stacking cards so that the short stack player gets the nut hand on the flop. Great. He goes all in on the flop and everyone bails.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe he doesn't go allin? How does this prove to level the playing field?
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">
Or do you plan to have this algorithm take over the betting for all players to insure that the playing field gets leveled?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your point?
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">
Again, we're just talking a bit more about these things...</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought you were going to expain how to level the playing field? To me, you just explained that you are an idiotic retard who doesn't know squat about anything.
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="black">
Simply put, a Site claiming that it "makes no difference to them who wins" is a laughable, misleading and completely untrue statement.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
You are putting it simple. You gave no prove, your reasoning is flawed, you are lying. Please when you say that someting is untrue, come with arguments, instead of pretending to be a software designer. I know you are a losing playing who is too stupid to look to himself, instead you claim the sites are rigged. As an argument you are claiming to be the designer of a new poker site. Who do you think buys this crap?
YSSCKY.
[ QUOTE ]

I'm always up for an honest debate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing left to debate. A lie is a lie. You are an idiot. You def do not know anything about software construction. You have given not even one valid argument to support your claim that sites are rigged. What's left to discuss?
I feel sorry for your mother and father.