View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Anyone here make any significant money betting on sports?

i made quite a bit of money (for me anyways, mid-5 figures) from middle of '02 - early '05 mostly on football (lots on props and when parlaying props was the goodness) and nba basketball (mostly 1st quarter and 1st half lines)

from early '05 til now im only down total a few hundred bucks (a few big ups and downs kept it somewhat level), and for no reason whatsoever have not bet more than 5 props all year but am getting above water on the nba 1st q/h bets

prior to '02 (and since '95) i never kept records of how i did, but i would guess that i was an overall loser during that time frame despite a number of huge scores

i'm not a stat-rat, i dont spend 500 hours a day thinking about betting sports, but i do bet games early and late, on a ton of different books, with varying bet amounts, etc.

it's certainly possible to make money hand over fist betting sports if you have a large bankroll to begin with, but right now i wouldnt want to base my sole income off of it - poker's much better for that i think

the lesson to be learned with sports messageboards is to never be angry when you bet someone else's picks - no one has all the answers, and someone's winning streak may be ending just when you hop on