View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Hand #1 -- How To Play This Under Pair On A Paired Flop In Wild Game?

10-20 (1/2 kill) local B&M game. Wild game with pots routinely over $300, and at times pumped up to $400-$500 by super LAG and his maniacal friend, who is making it three bets with hands like 85o, hitting it, and putting most of the table on tilt. 5-7 players seeing the flop for two, three and four bets with three to the river. In short, the Perfect Storm.

Kill on super LAG Button -- UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 calls, maniacal MP raises, LAG MP2 reraises, folded to Hero in CO with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls three bets cold (?!?), super LAG on button caps it, blinds fold, everyone calls four bets. 6 players -- 24 small bets.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to Hero, who bets, super LAG button raises, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls (?!?). 3 players -- 30 small bets.

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, super LAG button bets, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls. 2 players -- 17 big ones.

River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, button bets and Hero calls.

While the three bet cold call pre-flop may be dubious, I feel like once I was in the hand I was committed to seeing the hand down because of the size of the pot.

I would be particularly interested in reading insights on how to play a pocket pair just under a pair on the flop against two other players. I guess in a big pot I have to stick around particularly if there isn't a lot of action on the turn. If the UTG+2 cold caller on the flop checkraised the turn or even bet it out I'd have to think about folding, right? Any comments welcome.