View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Anybody see a ton of value with Florida -3.5 at SC?

I'm not trying to be a homer but I think Florida looks STRONG against South Carolina at the Gamecocks this Saturday. The Gators have been up and down this year, but I think they'll be ready to go after an abysmal showing against Vanderbilt. I think this line is based solely on that.

Chris Leak hasn't lived up to the expectations but he still is in tune for a good game. Not to mention that somehow, someway, the Florida Gators are one Georgia loss away and a victory in this game towards heading to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game.

South Carolina has won four in a row but none of the wins impress me. Tennessee is a beaten up football team without a QB. South Carolina was in a dogfight with Arkansas and the Gamecocks struggled through 3 quarters with the Kentucky Wildcats, at home, before blowing the doors open.

Also Florida's defense has had a strong season. They tired out last week against Vanderbilt allowing 2 touchdowns in about 2 minutes in the fourth quarter. Still they have a lot of speed and a pretty staunch defensive line.

DeShawn Wynn is a tough runner that should be able to chip away at the South Carolina front.

Two years from now South Carolina may very well win this game. I just don't think the ole ball coach has the talent level to contend.

Florida 24 South Carolina 10