View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: My name is Dave, and I have done the \"2/4 LHE staredown\"

A couple of years ago I am playing the 1-3 game at Excalibur on the last morning of the trip before I have to hit the airport. For some reason I decided to play really tight and was basically folding endlessly.

I do not remember exactly what the hand was but I had something interesting and started out the hand raising and getting reraised and basically seeing about 5 of the players at the table come along with every round until the river being capped. I do not remember exactly what the hand was but I certainly did not have the nuts on the river. 1st guy bets out, everyone fold to me and I immediatly raise him and just stare right at him. He grabs chips and plays with them and hims and haws and finally says, "You've got the XXX (Whatever the card was that would have made the full house or what ever the case was). I am pretty sure he has me beat at this point so I shrugged my shoulders and stare at him and say "Hey, you have been at this table all morning with me. What do you think?" He shakes his head like a dog just sprayed by a skunk, beats his cards on the table a couple of times and folds to me. I know he wants to see what I have but I just tossed the cards into the muck and he just about flips backwards in his chair.

For gosh sake! The pot was WAY over a $100 and he folds instead of paying another $3. I laughed for two days over that one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]