View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Joseph Hachem...Your Opinion New World Champion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That Q7 move in was terrible. He was only going to get called by a better hand, which is what happened.

I don't understand how he could put his tournament life on the line with a predetermined play like that. He didn't even have a read on the other player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite the contrary, Aaron Kanter had been raising very frequently when it got short-handed and Hachem limped from the button (very suspicious). Kanter folds a majority of his hands there and Hachem is only crushed if hes called by AA/KK/QQ/AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying that it looks suspicious when Hachem limped, yet Kanter raises him. Doesn't look very scared to me. Still, Hachem decides to use a predetermined play to try and push him off, but again, he'll only be called by a better hand.

Remember, Hachem is putting his tournament life on the line. It's not smart. I don't see how you can justify putting all your money in when you'll only be called if you're an underdog. Just because he won't be "crushed" doesn't make it any less of a bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously he'll only be called by a better hand. The idea was that he thought Kanter was very likely to fold.