View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Joseph Hachem...Your Opinion New World Champion

What's your opinion of our New WSOP World Champion?

Here's my take...

Like many of you that have the 'poker Passion' as I do and have, I listened all night, 13 hours I believe (while playing 6 games online) to the final table of this year's Main event. I thought it was often rivitting, had some fine drama and true excitement ( considering both the bracelet and millions of dollars involved ) and will never forget the experience...can't wait til next year.

I think Hachem played outstanding poker esp. at the last table. Often being near the bottom regarding stack size,( outchipped 9 to 1) what he accomplished IMO was truly impressive. IMO he _earned_ the title.

As Joe has said since, he felt the only true 'lucky moment' was his all in with Q7 against the 99 hand. He explained, justified this move to my satisfaction.

He appears to also be a Class player and Class person as well as being personable.

Joseph has said publicly he will make an effort to expand poker and continue to help make the game many of us love, acceptable to more of the masses. He said he will attempt to raise the level of class in the game.

At this point, I like him, and feel he was one of the top 3-4 players at the final table, appreciate the integrity in the way he handles himself and feel he will represent the world of poker as the WSOP Champion well. Bravo to Joe.

Any comments pro or con or opinions are gratefully welcome, thank you.