View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: is it possible to get high off whipped cream?

[ QUOTE ]
Are you #$@!*&% kidding me? I’m gonna lump you in with people who speak on subjects without knowing anything.

Hmmm, let's compare "overwhelming majority of the time you're not killing anything" to how my neuropsychology teacher described it, which was "wholesale brain-death".

The biggest difference between this and drugs is that Nitrous is not a drug. Drugs have effects on neurotransmitters in your brain, while all nitrous does is take up space where oxygen should be absorbed in your lungs. This effect can be accomplished many ways, huffing all kinds of solvents/gases is one, drowning is another. Nitrous just happens to be the safest/easiest way to do that, since the drowning method would involve all kinds of equipment and the requisite screaming of “Don’t give up on me now, damnit!”, which, as you know, gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you seem angry.
OK. I'm at a research I university. I am a researcher and teacher in the neurosciences. My doctorate is in neurobiology. I have been working in the neurosciences (specifically neuropharmacology) for a decade.
I don't know why you're so hostile to me but try not to say anything about someone not knowing anything if you don't know who you're talking to. Christ man, it says "Scientist" in my profile.
While your definition of a "Drug" is inaccurate, I'm going to leave that alone.
NO2 does act on neurotransmitter receptors in the brain. Several different ones. And that pleasurable effect? That's mediated by which organ? Hmmm? (hint - not lungs)
Sorry to be a jerk but you started it

And now I'm going to punch myself in the groin because I said I'd never put my qualifications to trump someone in an argument.
welcome to OOT I guess.