View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Which book to buy?

You didn't detail your experience level, but by the books you are choosing from I would guess you are a relatively new player to Hold'em. I have not read Miller's GSIH, but I have and continue to read SSH by Miller, Malmuth & Sklansky. I would start out with one of the two beginner books that are considered best my most reviewers. The authors are Kreiger and Jones. Get the latest edition of either or both. SSH, while maybe the best book available, has concepts that are hard to grasp until you've spent some time playing. The two beginning books, with a little tweaking for the games you may play, should allow you to keep your bankroll in tact until you get some experience.

I recently purchased two books from TwoPlusTwo publishing. I am not affliated with them in any way, but I would like to take a second to relate my experience. I was looking for the Harrington books on No Limit. At a bookstore I could get both (there are two editions) but one of the two was in poor condition with the cover torn. I elected to order from TwoPlusTwo, mostly because I had grown frustrated in trying to find both editions elsewhere. I was surprised that my cost when ordering through my Neteller account was less even with shipping than I would have spent at the bookstore. Furthermore, when the books arrived they had been carefully packaged in a box and were in mint condition.

I've yet to crack them and continue instead to try to absorb all of the material in the postflop sections of SSH, but I will be unlikely to purchase poker books anywhere other than TwoPlusTwo, unless they don't carry a particular book I want.

Water16