View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: driving pet peeves (i felt like snapping again)

[ QUOTE ]
When two (three) cars are going the same speed, making it impossible to pass either (any) of them. Worse than this is when both (all) are going under the speed limit. Worst of all is when it happens on the freeway. Left lane is for passing; if you want to do the same speed as your neighbor, get behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this one two. Unless its stop n' go traffic, there's absolutely no reason for cars to drive side by side. Its not just for passing - if for some reason something happens, having an empty lane to swerve into can be very important. I especially hate this when I'm on my bike - either pass me or slow down and I'll pull in front, but don't [censored] pace me...

I also *really* hate drivers who think they are smarter than everyone else because they shoot down the empty lane and merge as late as possible. Hypothetically when traffic is relatively light, two lanes can merge into one without anyone having to stop, except that all it takes is a couple of assholes like this and the whole line has to stop as they force their way in.

For those haven't seen, you should check this page on traffic waves. It really drives home the point that if everyone drove more consciously we could all get where we're going a lot faster, and that all it takes are a few assholes to screw up an entire road.