View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Second Party SnG, T Hist for Review

ill rpely to the hands you pointed out. its easiest.

the TT hand. id rather check and have him bluff off more than 20. if he has a Q too bad for him. if he has a boat Qx, too bad. but a bet of 20 shows strength where it looked like i was calling chasing an A.

22, this was marginal. sometimes i play small pairs, sometimes not. my gut said play it. if im shown a raise im out of the hand.

A7s. maybe a raise could be in order, however i dont see showing blind stealing as part of my repetoir early in the game to be long term good sense.

hand 18. no idea what he had. he showed strength enough to raise (but not a huge amount). id rather pick up small pots with big pairs than lose big ones. i do agree the bet was a touch too big.

hand 23. this is the 99 hand if i remember right; stupidly i read your responses without noting my responses [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . he could have anything, he showed enough strenth and im not willing to go to war with half my stack with a pair of 9s. im still say on a comfortable stack after the fold, ive no problem doing it.

AQ wasnt a difficult call.

the A2 hand. if he goes all in on the flop, i call the extra 150. if i lose so be it. i rolled the dice that he wouldnt throw away the game unless he had top pair.

hand 40, not sure about this. could be weak 4 handed, however i tend not to overrate Ax. sure it can be good, but im big stack here, no need to go to war with what is essentially junk. note that if 2nd big stack was to my right and folded first, i would have raised here all day long.

41, the A9 stop and go. i was gonna raise him all in preflop. i was willing to lose the 1k on this hand when 4 way. just when i was about to raise i thought stop and go. this is what you saw. the fact i hit top pair on my 9 was neither here nor there.

46. if he comes over the top i fold. unless its mini, then i may call and bet the flop; depends all on my feel at the time. i knew he wouldnt raise with less than a monster. he'd have to be stupid to not see how low thanick was.

-----

thanks for the responses brad,

Phill