View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Poker Style Test

I raised here too but I’m second guessing myself. The read was “Reliable”. It needs to be pretty likely that he is betting a flush draw. We need to worry about EP’s call even if he is a donk…
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4
KK in MP
I raise two limpers,
Flop has two flush and A, the two flush is of the suit I have K of.
Check, bet, call, I raise 2nd pair with a backdoor nut flush draw (This is one of two BOSSY plays I think I made but folding or calling here is so weak. Tough spot though.), call, fold, call, call.
Turn
Donk, fold , I fold as my backdoor didn't develop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called here too. Was the read “Reliable” here too? If so maybe this is a fold. I called hoping the board would pair of catch a bluff.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 6
ATs UTG+1
I raise UTG limper
Flop
Checked to me, I bet top pair with a two flush on board all call.
Turn SB donks random card, there's a caller, I now hate my hand am possibly drawing dead or to 5 outs at most. For some reason I call (this is one of the mistakes I think I made that would classify me as loose)
River
SB bets again when the bottom card pairs the board possibly counterfitting his two pair so I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about raising the flop but figured I would make good equity from the calls behind.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 7
KQo UTG I raise. (This might be BOSSY but is pretty standard for me)
Flop
I have an OESD to the player to my right bets, I call.
Turn
checked to me I check and call a LP bet
River
My nut draw comes in and the player to my right bets, I raise rather than go for three overcalls and it winds up getting capped by me 3 ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked this river. Should I check if I can’t fold to a raise?
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 8:
QQ in BB
Three LP limpers and SB limps I raise, everyone calls.
Flop
Checked to me I have an overpair, I bet, everyone calls.
Turn
I still have an overpair,
I bet, everyone calls.
River pairs the board, I bet, there's a call and button raises. I make a crying call with my overpair, closing the action getting 15:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against passive players you’re probably ok, but you don’t want to be putting in 4 bets preflop with this hand. Do you think the check raise has value? You could be up against a bigger flush draw.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 9
86s in SB
7 limpers to me and I raise, everyone calls (BOSSY or standard? This will be a nine way pot for sure. Good time for a value raise I say)
Flop a gut shot backdoor flush draw, I check. BB bets, everone calls and I call closing the action,
Turn
I check, BB bets, there are four callers, I have a gustshot and a flush draw now so I c/r. Everyone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold here.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 11:
J8s in CO, two limpers, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold here too.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 12
QJo two off the button, 3 limpers, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same quys bets here as the KK hand. Here we don't have a backdoor flush draw, but there aren't any callers in between either. Based on our read that guy is realy "reliable"! I think a fold is correct.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 14
KQs in MP
I raise a limper the blinds call.
Flop comes A high two flush board.
BB bets, EP folds, I hate this spot but decide to raise 2nd pair and see what happens (BOSSY play #3)

[/ QUOTE ]