View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Two big schools: Any comparison studies?

I have been playing SNg's steady for about a year 8 tables... I used to never limp I'n the late stages of the game... I moved to 3-6 (6max) for about 3 months and I'm now playing $50 (6man) Sng's ... I like to limp early in the tourneys when I see there are a few super aggros so that I can fold when they raise me... Then when the blinds are high I limp with High pocket pairs and hammer them when they raise my limp again... Do I suck cause I do this????.. Must be the case..

Anyways my point is this when your down to 2,3,4 players in these things You should only be limping as a trap but If you havent beeen doing much limping early they are going to smell something fishy when you go all-in every hand and then you limp out of nowhere...

LIMPING IN THE SMALL BLIND?

Another spot Where I think Lmping is ok Is the small blind.. 3 handed and heads up I've been tinkering with a few things that Harrington said in his new book. Limping with my good hands 1/3 of the time raising 2/3, when I say good hand I mean anything in the top 40%.. And I've been trying reversing that with my premium hands(AA,KK,QQ) 1/3 raise and 2/3 call. If your playing against a player who will raise your SB everytime you limp this strategy doesnt work to well. But once I find out he likes to raise my limps I just Push/Fold until next decent hand.

The only Problem That I see with using limping as part of your strategy is its not as easy to do while 4-8 tabling because you actually have to make some decisions after the flop...

All in all I've found mixing up my limp has really improved my ROI over the last 1000 Sng's.

Any thoughts?