View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Can someone explain whats going on in Deadwood?

This is my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

1. Wilcott is the Head Geologist for a man named George Herst(sp?) who is both rich in gold mines and powerful. He is in Deadwood to acquire as many claims as possible because Herst wants to come in and milk the claims for all they are worth and take the profits. Wilcott killed the prostitutes because he is a sick individual and I don't think that was the first time he has killed women like that before.

2. I don't remember the exact scene right now.

3. Yes and Yes.

4. Yes. Mrs. Garrett reputation will be completely destroyed if she has a child out of wedlock...especially so soon after losing her husband. By getting married right now before the child is born it can save her reputation.

5. Yankton is the neighboring county to Deadwood (which is an illegal settlement on Indian land). When it is referred to on the show they are really talking about the county government officials that want to come in and annex Deadwood and seize the gold claims. Politics is dirty during this time period (wait.....it always has been and still is).

6. The chinese guy was brought in by Herst and Tolliver I think. I'm not sure exactly what is going on with this subplot, but I am sure that we will find out soon.