View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: I took Josh\'s Preflop Challenge for 1000 hands

[ QUOTE ]
can you list some of the raises you had to make that you don't normally make?

[/ QUOTE ]

Time for me to hijack this thread -- sorry Q-Tip.

I played 6/12 at Commerce last night and ran card dead for a long time, so I got bored and decided not to limp preflop unless I had to. There were two hands I raised PF where I wouldn't normally.

Hand 1: I have K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP1. UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, I RAISE, and the CO and button both cold-call. It's 5 to the flop, which is 953 with one diamond. Checked to me, I bet, they all call. Turn is the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I bet, get 3 callers. River is Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I check, everyone checks. We show down our hands -- I say "I missed my straight and missed my flush" and show K-high. Everyone nods and folds, and MHIG [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Hand 2: I have J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1. UTG limps, I raised, folded around, blinds fold too. Heads up. Flop is KTx. Check, bet, call. Turn Q. Check, bet, he folds.

2 for 2.

Unfortunately, the other PFR hands I had were obvious: AKs, QQ, TT, and AKs again. I lost with all of them. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

(Totally off-topic from this thread -- a dude sat down at the table with a copy of SSHE. I initially thought he was a devious 2+2er who was trying to make people think he was a donk while snowballing everyone with TAG play, but it quickly became clear he actually was that stupid. He played like crap; amazing that he was so open about bringing the book to the table -- he didn't even try to hide it; he lifted it up onto the felt and then made a commotion about stowing it. He lost about $200).