View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: small overpair $109

Lol, I'm truly humbled, strassa. Mind helping me w/ my 88 hand?

Alright, If I missed the flop, I checkraise that flop bet a good percentage of the time, because usually that 1/3 pot bet online represents a weak steal attempt. If my opponent plays along, I'm done.

I have a decent hand, but I don't want to build a giant pot w/ it. This is why I don't like checkraising.

Checkraising is ok. Naturally, if you checkraise, you're committed to the hand.

If you checkcall, lead turn, and villain calls, are you going to lead river or check river? Leading river costs more $ and checking river may leave yourself open to getting bluffed.

This is why I would probably checkcall, check turn.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checkcalling, checking turn. I may just call down. If he bets weakly again, I may checkraise, since a turn checkraise is less likely to be air on your part. I may checkcall if villain bets again. If villain checks, I probably check river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad. If he bets weakly you CR because its unlikely your bluffing??? Great, so now what exactly is he supposed to call you down with? Where does the value in your turn CR come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does the value in a flop CR come from? The answer to this question is the answer to your question.

Given a check on the flop. I would want to checkcall the flop. Checkraise or checkcall a bet. If I checkraise, again, I'm committed, and I will lead the river. If I checkcall, then i'm checking river. If my opponent checks turn, I will most likely check river and checkcall a reasonable bet.

Ultra passive. I KNOW. What's your line, strassa?