View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: small overpair $109

mikeuhJ,

Your don't get it.

[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise here, but if he calls, you really haven't gained that much info. If he's good, he may call w/ air to see if you checkraised w/ air. You're also investing a lot into a hand when you don't know exactly if you're ahead. And are you going to lead the turn, I mean, that's investing a lot. If he's drawing, he may call, will you bet the river??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has little over 4k to start the hand if he CR into a 1100 pot on the flop he will not be folding. Not sure what type of info you are trying to gain, but at that point its irrelevant because if you CR you wouldnt possibly consider a fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Checkcalling, then leading the turn is ok. Still same problems as mentioned about checkraising.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Checkcalling, checking turn. I may just call down. If he bets weakly again, I may checkraise, since a turn checkraise is less likely to be air on your part. I may checkcall if villain bets again. If villain checks, I probably check river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad. If he bets weakly you CR because its unlikely your bluffing??? Great, so now what exactly is he supposed to call you down with? Where does the value in your turn CR come from?

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, I probably would've led the flop for 500-700, he's going to have a hard time raising that w/ air. I want to define my hand now, and relatively cheaply, since I'm OOP, and I'm not sure if I'm ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

finally decent thinking
-jason