View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Internet Poker books

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone read Matt Hilgers book on Internet Poker? Would you recommend it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and Yes! I find the starting hand charts to be the best organized and detailed of any I have seen (and I've gone one step beyond and incorporated the info into an easy to see 'hold em arrow' that I saw in another book recently) for the relative beginner. It is VERY well organized with good advice and detailed hand examples.
At 300 pages I believe it covers more than SSH (too much white space--a 'fault' of most 2+2 books) in it's 350+ pages. It is well written and has a number of 'internet tips'.

In comparison with SSH (I have to say I'm only on page 95 of SSH but have skimmed the rest), it is clearly not a radical rethink of low limit play, but you WILL make $$ following it's advice. It is my favorite general Hold Em book, though you will find books that might have better coverage of this or that topic...it's all around pretty darn good. I think I read a review on this site where S or M gave it a "7"...which probably means it's an 8 or better out of 10 as it's not a 2+2 book. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Also, the cover has all other poker books of any variety beaten hands down. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]