View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Another I\'m losing do I suck or is it just varience post.

OK, I haven't posted here in a while becasue I've been playing mostly SNGs for he past 5 months, so I'll give a little background. I did ok at those, but was never particularly happy with my winrate and decided to come back to limit. I played a ton of limit last year, moving from 3/6 up to 5/10 6-max before having to drop back because of BR considerations (not so much becasue I was losing, but becasue I had to cash out more than I could really afford to). I ended last year playing some 3/6 then decided to try something different for the new year and got into SNGs.

Since then I have played basically no limit-holdem except to clear Party/Empire bonuses and I played 1/2 6-max to do that since it was faster than full tables and I didn't have the roll to play 5/10.

Last week I decided to jump back into the 3/6 pool and have had a completely terrible start. My first 3 sessions were small losers, but I could tell I was making some pretty obvious mistakes and went about tryig to fix what I could and posted a nice win in my 4th try erasing my loses from the first couple days. Then I really hit a bad run and dumped 120BBs in just under 2000 hands.

In almost 100K hands last year I never had anything like this, looking at PT I see no glaring errors in my play. I'm probably a bit too aggressive sometimes but I really don't know (PT shows me as a 16/11/3.3 player).

I know this could be varience doing its ugly thing but I'd like to have some honest opinions on what the chances are that I'm just playing really bad considering I've played maybe 5K limit hands this year before last Thursday? Should I just keep chugging along or should I really step back and take a long hard look at my game before I spew anymore money away?

- Thomas