View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: PLO/8 Promo Raising the Flop

Dear All,

The question for me, really, is this: what kind of hands is this guy showing down and what is my overall read on his play.

The beauty of Omaha 8 is usually that it is a known quantity: It is, for the most part counting outs and knowing almost EXACTLY where you are and looking a pot odds.

But, in PL you can be in marginal situations like this. You have a good two way hand, but it is conceivable that if this is a good player he has limped in with a monster like AA24 with some suits begging to reraise you if you got aggressive on the flop.

However, you do have position and I like the pot bet, not as a promo raise but as an attempt to win the pot RIGHT there. I think you want to play this hand small, and you really need to dump this if a solid player now RERAISES you or if calls and then leads out at you on the flop for a full pot and you have not improved.

However, with the fish that play this game, I might even reraise his reraise. Just depends on the player. Just some thoughts.

In the main, though, against a good player, I don't think this is a promo raise but bully raise. I am open to correction and would like to see responses on this and an analysis of my juvenile attempt at analysis.

With Regards,

Will Ma