View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Probably know the answer but ... (help needed)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sort of at a loss as to where to go next without taking a break and really hitting the books.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't need time off and you don't need to hit the books. Just stop playing so many damn hands.

Your problem sounds entirely like a lack of discipline issue. No book is going to teach you how to play tight - and let's be honest; I think you already know what it means to play tight anyways. It's just to much fun to cold-call T9o behind a tight UTG raiser.

If you're looking to release yourself from the stagnant day to day mediocrity - then release yourself with a new found focus. Actually concentrate on what you're doing and WHY. You may be surprised (A) with how much your winrate improves and (B) that poker has become FUN again.

SIDE-NOTE: Of course you should always be willing to read books and study. Simply playing poker everyday and neglecting to put time into thinking about poker away from the table is not going to expediate your improvement as a player. It's just my opinion - that your biggest problem is not going to be solved by simply reading a book.